Full Service Hydrographic Surveying Firm Providing High Quality Surveys throughout California from L.A. to the Oregon border, from the Pacific to the High Sierra
“In particular, I have appreciated the technical accuracy of your work in addition to your incredible responsiveness and flexibility (hours worked, weekends, etc) that the project required. Your costs are also reasonable. — Thanks!!”
URS Sacramento Emergency Delta Levee Work
Corinne De Voe Marks, P.E. — Senior Civil Engineer — URS Corporation
Meridian Surveying Engineering Inc. is a full service hydrographic surveying firm providing high quality surveys under the direction of a Licensed Professional Land Surveyor. As such, we are able to provide high quality, seamless data that includes both hydrographic data and integrated land data solutions including boundary location (if applicable). We can integrate High Definition 3D scanning images of the shoreline to the Hydrographic Data with our FARO (Trimble TX5) scanner. In addition, we can provide Independent certification of dredge quantities as required by government agencies to Army Corps Standards. We can merge 3d shoreline data with the Hydro model using our Faro Scanners.
Our experience providing a variety of surveying services means we can provide you with versatile and specific solutions to your needs. A few of our hydrographic survey services include:
- Hydrographic Surveys
- Terrestrial LiDAR of Shorelines
- River and Ship Channel Surveys
- Environmental Surveys
- Lake and Reservoir Surveys
- Emergency and Disaster Surveys
- Condition, Pre-Dredge, and Post-Dredge Surveys
- Volume calculations
- Erosion sites
- Marinas and harbors
Why is Meridian Surveying your best choice for Hydrographic Surveys?
- Certification by a Professional Land Surveyor
- Independent certification of dredge quantities
- Integrated Solutions to all survey related project issues
- Fully insured surveying services
As with all of MSE’s services, when you choose Meridian you are choosing a firm that is responsive and experienced. We can mobilize our crews on an emergency basis with little notice. Our turnaround time is one of the best in the industry and we continue to be responsive to your needs during peak seasons of business.
Our equipment includes:
- Odom CVM Echosounder
- FARO High Definition Scanners (FARO ION, Trimble TX5)
- Hydrolite (Seafloor Systems)
- Trimble R8/R10 RTK GNSS, Base & Rover
- Hypack 2013 (Hydrographic Survey Software) for data collection and post processing
- Trimble TSC3 data collector with Trimble Survey Controller software
- Trimble VX and Trimble S6 Total Stations
- Multi-Beam systems
- Volume calculations
- Side Scan system
- Hypack Sweep
- 27 foot diesel aluminum John Boat
- 19 foot Boston Whaler Nantucket ETEC 150
- 17 foot Boston Whaler Montauk ETEC 90
- 12 foot launch for shallow water & envirosurveys 4HP ultra low emissions
Our surveys meet the standard of care established by the Army Corps of Engineers. We routinely conduct quality assurance checks and tests, giving our clients accurate, reliable results.
Data Reduction and Analysis
After the field data is collected, our trained staff will examine the data for quality and prepare a deliverable. Deliverables can be in a variety of CAD or GIS formats or can be provided in hardcopy. At our client’s request, we can provide reports documenting the procedures used to collect and reduce data. We are flexible and ready to work with you to provide your data in the format best suited for your needs.
Please Contact Us for a Free Initial Consultation about your Hydrographic Surveying Needs.